Sunday, May 1, 2016

My journey with Masters of Aiki


Pioneers of Sri Lankan Aikido YMCA


It was in 1992, I was 17, looking for something special in martial arts world. I was unstable with my decisions after visiting few karate, kungfu and Judo schools. My expectation was simple, a welcoming smile and a pleasant practicing environment. It was hard to find, every martial arts school had that fierce look, giving a message your nothing, come to us then you may become strong.


Still remember the first day visiting YMCA where an interesting young group was practicing a strange art. Where people were thrown but always stand up with a smile. More surprisingly the person who was throwing the opponent displayed very calm and quite attitude. It seems effortless and harmonious. A senior practitioner approached me with a big smile. Are you interested to practice? I said Yes. No formalities he just asks me to give a try for few minutes and decide. I asked what is this art …It’s Aikido. And My Journey begins ……. of course with a smile. 

3 comments:

MY JOURNEY WITH MASTERS OF AIKI - 12

  Original Creative Principles of the Universe Reiki-no-hô Kashima-Shinryū Inaba Minoru Sensei , the 2nd Kancho of Shiseikan Commissioned...